Thursday, March 16, 2006
Starting today you can get up-to-the-minute sports scores and schedules using Google SMS on your mobile device. Just text message a school or team name to 46645 (GOOGL). "Why?" you ask? Because:
- The big game is on tonight, and while your cable was cut 3 weeks ago, you've still got a recliner couch and a pair of battle-worn, nacho cheese-stained text messaging thumbs
- Your newly purchased tickets make the nosebleeds feel like a fireside chat, and you lent your binoculars to your ornithologist cousin
- You recently secured a new job, and you need to look like you're preoccupied with important business at all times
- The love of your life dragged you to the ballet on game day, and made you leave your 60-inch liquid crystal TV at home
- It's time for your family reunion (and the playoffs) again, and you don't have the heart to tell your relatives that you majored in basket... weaving
- The restraining order filed against you by multiple sports professionals mandates that you find a way to "look but not touch"
- When it comes to your personal sports soundtrack, you prefer the Crazy Frog to the National Anthem
- You've developed an allergic reaction to commercial time-outs (or even commercials, for that matter)
- It's triple over time, and your too-cute-to-say-no nephew wants pizza from a restaurant six blocks from the stadium
- The BIG DANCE!